It’s probably fair to say, that 2020 has been a bit like the board game Snakes and Ladders – full of twists and turns. We’ve experienced some incredible highs as well as some hair-raising moments, largely thanks to the emotional roller-coaster of a global virus.
It’s true what they say though. We can’t always control the events that go on around us – but we can control how we respond to them. So that’s what we did.
Here’s a snapshot of our year…
- We rebranded and developed a strong marketing strategy. We love our new branding. We’ve gone all orange, black and white. It’s strong, modern and fresh. This gets a big tick from us.
- What gets an even bigger tick, is our marketing strategy. It’s working. Yep – we’ve had new enquiries; we’ve won new contracts; more and more people know who we are and what we do – and the feedback we’re getting is so heart-warming. You never know who’s watching!
- We’ve grown as individuals. We faced the lockdown head on and used the experience in a positive way. We now have clarity around our brand, our USPs and our values. We’re coming out of this so much stronger. So much more confident – and braver.
- We’ve had some incredible support from all quarters. Clients and suppliers, colleagues and friends, a Coach and creative people. You’ve all been amazing – thank you.
- We had our photos done. Having batted this away for months, we finally put on our big brave pants and got on with it. The results are incredible. When we look at our old pics and compare them to the new, we’re like…who IS that. Okay, so that’s another big tick.
- We’ve completed projects and started new ones. The Chapel, the Zinc House, Regan Way – a new development in London; and we hope to announce very-very soon, another brand-new development project. Big smiles.
- Family time – we got to spend some quality time with our two gorgeous boys. More than we’ve ever had. We know we’re unlikely to get that opportunity again. And quite frankly, we don’t want it. More lockdowns that is – not family time, just to clarify!
- One word… COVID. Yep, we were getting on really well with developing the Chapel and looking forward to starting new projects. Then all of a sudden, it was ‘down tools’. When the industry started up again, there was a shortage and scramble for materials, as well as a shortage of staff and decisions because of furlough – a word which we’d never even heard of until 2020. A frustration for so many of us in construction.
- We knew we had to have a sharp focus on business development but kept sweeping it under the proverbial carpet. But a swift dose of tough love did the trick and we got stuck in. Why on earth didn’t we do it sooner – it works!
- Home schooling during lockdown. Oh my goodness. Why weren’t we all clapping and cheering for teachers as well.
- We were going to sneak having our photos redone as a challenge. But nope – doing something we didn’t initially want to do, has given us a much better result. Every day’s a school day.
Well, we think that about covers it. So, it’s goodbye to 2020 (thank you for the opportunities) and a huge, all-embracing welcome to 2021.
Exciting times ahead.