Contamination: Thanks to the old petrol station, the site had areas of heavy contamination. We worked alongside the site investigation company and came up with a robust Remediation Strategy which ensured there was no further risk of contamination, whilst being as cost effective as possible for the client.
Drainage: The site sloped away from the road and the drainage levels were difficult to manage. To sort out the drainage situation, we built two pumping stations that could pump uphill and into the main drains of the site.
Ground conditions: The site’s ground condition was poor, which meant traditional foundations wouldn’t work. We were going to have to pile our foundations to make them work. To make sure there was no downtime, we simply changed the sequence of plots, starting with the ones which could accommodate traditional foundations. This allowed the developer to stick to the programme.